PCUM is committed to providing members and friends of every age with transformative national and global experiences in mission. When we travel to other parts of the United States or across the oceans to serve others, we participate in Jesus Christ's work for justice and peace, and we experience God's Presence in life-changing ways.
In recent years, groups of teens and adults from the PCUM familiy have traveled to:
- Haiti in the summer of 2015 to create friendships and partner in the work being done in urban education, women's empowerment and rural health through programs like Edeyo ("help them"), Haiti Partners, and Partners in Health;
- Nairobi, Kenya (summer 2013) to build relationships and share in the ministries of five congregations worshiping God and serving children in the Thindigua Parish;
- Washington DC (summer 2012), where high school youth had an inner-city immersion experience;
- the large city of Salvador, Brazil (summer 2011 - photo at right) to learn about and be part of a Christian ministry serving children and women facing poverty;
- the Spirit Lake (Lakota) Native American reservation (summer 2010) in Tokio, North Dakota, refurbishing church buildings and running a Vacation Bible School program; and
- New Orleans (four times between 2002 & 2009) to help with recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina;